Field Service Engineer
Posted on Aug 2, 2019 by CV-Library
This is a field-based role that will require you to carry out routine maintenance and repairs on machines and customer-owned equipment. Ensuring that quality standards are always met and to maintain customer satisfaction.
* Driving License
* Previous engineering experience with forklift trucks
* Diagnosing and fixing faults with customers equipment and recording the approximate time of completion
* Reporting to the Service Coordinator
* Rectify any faults as required by the customer, ensuring that the machine is left operating in a safe condition and that the work has been carried out to the customer’s satisfaction.
* To carry out routine maintenance as directed, ensuring that all necessary service parts are
* available prior to attending customers site, all quoted work to be highlighted by liaison
* personally, with the customer.
* To liaise directly with the customers whilst on site to endeavor to obtain their agreement
* to proceed with any follow-up repairs or other work that may be required in the future.
* It may be necessary to provide verbal estimates in conjunction with the Service Manager/Supervisor.
* To submit a detailed and correctly completed Parts Requisition or, when making requests
* by phone provide sufficient information as may be required to enable parts to be obtained
* accurately and in a timely manner.
* To work mostly without supervision by using your own initiative, in a safe manner, advising your Manager if you need assistance.
* Adhering to all Health and Safety Regulations.
To keep non-recoverable and unnecessary travel time to a minimum by:
* Liaising and communicating with Service Control Department.
* Proactively participating in planning workloads.
* Establishing/maintaining an appropriate level of van stock/tooling (in conjunction with
* the Service Supervisor and/or any other Manager)
If this position is of interest to you, please apply here today