Senior Finance Assistant
Posted on Aug 3, 2019 by CV-Library
To close specified client's accounts, completing appropriate adjustments and allocations. Complete required returns, statistics and claims relating to the capital and revenue outturn.
1) To provide support in controlling and co-ordinating the development, preparation and monitoring of client's budgets, advise in producing specified client's capital and revenue budgets, input budget information and complete related reports, statistics and returns as necessary to give options and advice on available funds.
2) Contribute to the monthly monitoring process and the production of the statutory accounts ensuring all entries are genuine, identify and challenge any issues or discrepancies and make sure information is received on time, to ensure successful management of the Council's finances.
3) Meet with RBOs regarding the monitoring process to ensure the accurate forecasting and capturing of all relevant issues and to investigate and resolve variances raised by RBO's on financial data.
4) To provide timely financial information for ad-hoc requests and project work.
5) Provide training and financial advice on a day-to-day basis as required by the service department through considering new legislation, Council reports and accounting practices and report their implications to the client so that processes can be improved in the future
6) Assist in cash management through recharges of actual expenditure and where necessary processing of loan transactions for authorisation by a senior officer.
7) Co-ordinate the production of returns to Government and other bodies, to ensure the Council meets its requirements for providing accurate information.
8) Perform other duties as may be required by the line manager
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£22k - £25k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£29.6k - £31.8k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£24k - £28k Annual
£2.65k - £20k Annual
£16 - £22 Hourly