Posted on Aug 4, 2019 by CV-Library
* £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
* Standard days: 8:30am – 4:30pm
* Location: Reading
Syntech recruitment are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a small specialised team working within the industrial food processing machine market.
In this position you will be tasked with diagnosing mechanical faults in industrial machinery, the ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of Engineering Drawings and have some background in estimating or quotation. You will be dealing with customers from all over the world who will require fault diagnosis on specialised equipment.
This role would suit a career professional who is looking at utilising his/her engineering knowledge to fault find issues on special purpose machinery.
You will need to be confident in your ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and have a willingness to learn as this will eventually be a stand alone role.
**Full training will be provided on our clients specific machines**
* Diagnosing machine faults using information provided by the customer
* Liaise with customers via telephone and email to assess symptoms of the fault
* Reviewing engineering drawings to identify the correct replacement parts necessary to perform repairs
* Accurately search for and source replacement parts through online and catalogue suppliers
* Administer and arrange the shipment of replacement parts to site
Skills & Experience required
* A strong background in a mechanical engineering related position
* The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
* Strong written and spoken communication skills
* Good administrative and organisational ability
* Computer literate with MS Excel and MS Word
* Prior exposure to the Food Processing industry
* A background in industrial machinery repair and servicing
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.