Sales & Support Manager – Automotive Sector
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by CV-Library
Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a leading, family run manufacturer who have been in business for over 125 years. They supply their products and services into the automotive sector and require a Sales & Support Manager to manage new and existing business within the South Central Region – covering Milton Keynes, Oxford, Reading, Guildford, Portsmouth & Bournemouth.
• Experienced Account Manager capable of closely managing and developing the sales of to a range of existing customers and new customers.
• Strong customer relation skills. Capable of developing deep and longstanding relationships with customers we expect to retain for decades.
• Strong general commercial awareness and entrepreneurial sense.
• Good MS Office skills
• Strong general IT skills and awareness of technology, capable of installing software on a range of platforms and training customer staff in the use of bespoke software products.
• Customers vary from small MOT and automotive accessory shops to Franchise Dealers and outlets of major plc organisations.
• Individual must be adaptable and will be expected to work outside of normal working hours periodically.
• Visits range between 80% existing customers and 20% new.
• Responsible for independently cold calling and following up on leads through to conversion on routine (Bronze to selected Gold level customers).
• Individual is responsible for the overall profitability of their territory.
• Some overnight travel is required.
• Knowledge of number plate legislation, good software & computer skills and capable of understanding a moderate level technical product.
• Full and active participation in the development of new product lines via field trials.
• Capable of independent thought and self motivated.
Candidates must have a strong sales and/or service management background, ideally gained in the automotive sector, or similar. You will have a technical mind and be a strong communicator. A full, clean driving licence is essential.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.