Posted on Aug 6, 2019 by CV-Library
SALARY: 28-30K pa plus excellent benefits (Stakeholder pension scheme (max 10% employer contribution) including Life assurance x4 salary and Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) cover)
LOCATION: Shipley, Bradford
HOURS OF WORK: Mon – Thurs, 7:30am – 4pm & Fri 7:30am – 12:30pm
Our manufacturing client has a superb opportunity in their logistics department to carry out a crucial role in terms of ensuring the factory is supplied with the appropriate materials to service a JIT environment. As a Production Planner candidates will have a demonstrable track record within production and/or material planning and scheduling, have strong IT skills coupled with a thorough understanding of MRP planning operations.
Resilience and an ability to liaise with staff at all levels are essential, as is the drive to deliver a first class service to production departments. The candidate must also have the ability and experience to work within a fast moving production environment. Resilience is an important characteristic in this environment with the ability to drive and achieve the best result for the department, company and the customer.
* Planning fast moving production lines.
* Formulating both short and long term production/demand plans to ensure that targets are achieved.
* Liaising internally with production colleagues, material planners, sales coordinators, and the customer (if required).
* Co-ordination of activities with related departments to ensure the smooth introduction of all new products.
* Daily duties involve checking and monitoring of production achievement.
* Attendance of morning production meetings and contribution as required.
* Management of all related finished goods stocks policies.
* Qualified to HNC / degree level in a business or technical discipline (preferable)
* Minimum 2-3 year proven Production / Demand Planning experience within a manufacturing organisation ideally working within FMCG or Automotive environment
* Familiar with MRP, MPS principles and Electronic ordering processes within ERP systems and previous experience in Material planning desirable
* Skills and experience should be heavily biased towards short to mid-term capacity planning of busy production lines working on different shift patterns
* Ability to communicate with suppliers, internal departments and customers
* Strong data analysis and evaluation skills. Able to make and recommend decisions based on production performance information
* Strong project management, team working and organisational skills.
* Understands Health & Safety issues and legislation (risk assessment experience).
* IT Literate - Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£18k - £23k Annual
£24k - £28k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual