Engineering Facilities Manager
Posted on Aug 7, 2019 by CV-Library
Head of Property & Facilities
FM Coordinators (x2)
The Facilities Manager is responsible for developing, monitoring and driving improved performance from our contractors and suppliers. Our property and facilities team lead the operational management and maintenance of a 13-acre estate which includes 220 homes, shops, design studios, galleries and restaurants, a neighbourhood centre with a busy conference centre and public realm. We aim to maintain and manage our estate to a high standard in keeping with our values and core purpose of creating an inspirational neighbourhood. We expect our estate to be a friendly, clean, colourful, safe, dynamic and diverse area.
The Facilities Manager will ensure value for money from all hard and soft services and oversee the performance monitoring and reporting of our external contractors and in-house maintenance team ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with KPIs. The role will work closely with teams across the organisation delivering a proactive and reactive facilities service.
* To lead in the operational delivery and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance including managing performance to SLAs and against KPIs and ensuring that all other contractual obligations are fulfilled.
* Oversee the planned preventative maintenance programme, reactive repairs, installations and projects and provide detailed performance reports
* Ensure statutory policies, for example COSHH or legionella management, risk assessment and PPE are adhered to by all contractors or staff and embrace the guidance as appropriate
* Identify when a risk assessment is required and produce or review the documentation as necessary
* To lead, manage, develop and motivate the FM Coordinators. Agree delivery targets and KPIs and ensure that they are achieved and, where possible, exceeded. Create opportunities for personal development for engagement in cross team projects.
* To ensure that relevant systems are in place to monitor progress of all contracts and assets. Monitor operations to ensure performance by contractors is of the highest standard.
* To ensure that all necessary action is taken to comply with Health & Safety legislation as well as with any organisational Health & Safety policy and procedures. Assess and approve RAMS, Permits to Access and Permits to Work, where appropriate.
* To ensure that issues raised by stakeholders including residents, commercial staff and colleagues, are effectively
* To ensure small projects and repairs are conducted within agreed time frames and to agreed expenditure.
* To assist in the delivery of improved neighbourhood management systems that will make our public realm safer, cleaner and greener.
* To provide support to the Head of Property & Facilities including planning, budgeting and forecasting to ensure expenditure is kept within appropriate levels.
* To develop and maintain excellent relationships with our local business groups and explore opportunities for collaboration.
* To assist in the development and implement of the Group’s environmental strategy to ensure compliance with legislation and to deliver best practice across our estate.
* To contribute to and support the Group’s Emergency Response Procedures and Business Continuity Plans.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Significant experience in an engineering facilities role within multi building services.
* Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrable extensive trade experience
* Previous appointment as Authorised Person for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Mechanical Services, Confined Spaces, Boiler and Pressure Systems.
* Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
* Evidence of introducing or managing an asset management process, understanding condition surveys and producing a cyclical repair and replacement programme
* IOSH certificate and knowledge of Health & Safety regulations relating to an estates function
* Prince2 or similar project management certificate
* Experience managing budgets and preparing budget information and reports
* Demonstrable track record in supplier selection, negotiation and contract management across hard and soft FM, delivering value for money
* Evidence of effectively managing and developing contract monitoring, performance management and quality assurance systems
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with demanding business objectives
* Experience of line management
* Evidence of developing and implementing effective systems and processes
* Knowledge of BMS and CAFM systems
* Awareness of the latest developments in the FM market
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£38.2k - £39.8k Annual
£18.8 - £18.8 Hourly