Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
RDR are recruiting for an Engineering Manager to be based in Wakefield. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Engineering Manager will lead and manage all activities and personnel within the Estates department. The succesful candidate will be ensuring effective business relationships are maintained and enhanced with all key stakeholders, customers, partners, contractors and other third parties to deliver first class services. Developing systems and processes to ensure consistent approach across sites in order to achieve the PFI service objectives whilst also identifying opportunities for improvement and delivery of solutions within budget.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* As an Engineering Manager you will hold responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of high performing Estates team through processes and procedures that provides best in class services for PGI & PGH, with clear ambitious and structured development plans to ensure ongoing improvement at PGI & PGH.
* To keep up-to-date of all changes and amendments to statutory legislation and mandatory requirements relating to the safe and effective maintenance and operation of healthcare building services and installations.
* Lead and develop Estates personnel, identifying training requirements through gap analysis and initiating a program to deliver a resourced, informed and motivated team.
* Manage the day to day delivery of all Estates M&E services, both through PPM’s and control of reactive works to ensure response and rectification times are met in line with SLA’s and performance levels.
* Supporting site H&S processes to ensure all H&S related elements are undertaken and delivered in a timely manner, audits, RA’s, MS’s and PTW’s. Safety inductions, reports & investigations completed (including actions and lessons learned) and training is identified and delivered across the services.
* Production of new and updating of existing policies and protocols ensuring their acceptance and implementation.
* Liaise and support the Technical Services and Capital Works Managers with the administration of all Compliance, Legislative and Operational documents and manuals, development of the PPM and Asset data base within Maximo in order to provide an effective Facilities Maintenance service.
* Substitute for the HOE during scheduled and unscheduled absences.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
* Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineering or building services discipline. (or equivalent substantial practical management experience in similar field).
* Substantial understanding of relevant Department of Health, Regulatory and Legislative issues and guidance.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of relevant HTM’s, ACOP’s, BS’s, industry best practices and legislative requirements relevant to the role, including quality assurance requirements, techniques and processes.
* Commercial and financial awareness with proven knowledge of budgetary control.
* Accredited to NEBOSH
* Understanding of internal / external stakeholders & partners and their requirements.
* Excellent motivation and influencing skills with a positive can-do attitude
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the Engineering Manager vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual