Accounts Payable Assistant
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
To provide an efficient and effective accounts payable service, ensuring that timescales and parameters are kept to when processing invoices. The successful candidate will also be accountable for delivering all areas of the job roles, and undertake any commensurate tasks that may be required from time to time.
1. Receive and process invoices received for payment. Ensure the accurate transfer of invoice information onto electronic systems by reviewing, updating and amending data as required.
2. Pro-actively manage work cycles to ensure prompt invoice payment. Follow-up, research, chase and escalate outstanding queries/transactions as appropriate.
3. Ensure the highest standards of 'Customer Care' are maintained when dealing with all customers, including recognising and respecting diversity and confidentiality issues.
4. Provide an effective and efficient high quality administrative service.
5. Communicate via telephone, face to face, electronically and in writing with the public, external organisations, and internal and external customers, in relation to administration matters, including producing electronic reports on invoices, payments and research systems to respond to and resolve customer queries.
6. Maintain appropriate filing and record systems, both manual and computerised.
Experience of working in a administration function preferably in a complex multi-functional
Knowledge and experience in the use of IT systems, including MS Office applications.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Excellent customer relation skills to liaise with suppliers, internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
Experience in accurate data extraction and input.
Experience of demonstrating analytical and problem solving skills.
It would be an advantage for candidates to have experience in SAP IT Systems.
This is a police-based role, so applicants will be subject to police security checks.
It is advised that applicants have a clean DBS/CRB within the last 3 years.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please ring (phone number removed) and ask to speak to Rebecca Grime
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £32k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£18k - £19.5k Annual