Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
Experience of delivering complex solutions across either Weapons Systems, Missiles, Tactical Datalinks, Radar or Land based command and control systems will be essential. The role is for an experienced, motivated and professional Senior Systems Engineer who is interested in involvement in the development of all aspects of complex systems across the whole systems engineering lifecycle.
Senior Systems Engineer responsibilities:
* Own and co-ordinate the Systems Engineering activities across the business area, throughout the Systems Engineering lifecycle, liaising with interfacing functions, Suppliers and Customers, and delivering compliant products on-time and to schedule.
* Drive technical direction and develop junior staff
* Work with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
* Understand the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behaviour and performance
* Technically review and challenge suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
* Maintain currency on relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
* Understand nuances of system limitations and behaviours at system level.
* Undertake technical trade studies
* Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Subsystems
Senior Systems Engineer skills and qualifications
* Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the command and control domain
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Complex Systems with a significant Software component.
* Experience of working on at least one of: Weapons Systems, Missiles, Tactical Datalinks, Radar or Land based command and control systems
* People leadership skills highly desirable
* Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
* Experience in the use of DOORS/Jazz, SysML, UML, Configuration Management tools.
* Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
* Development of Systems for Defence applications
* Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £55k Annual
£30k - £55k Annual