IT Field Engineer / 2nd & 3rd Line Support Technician
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
Do you have experience working in an MSP / Tech Support Team? Are you looking for the next step and want to join a growing business, where you can make a big impact and progress rapidly. This business truly value work ethic and reward hard work, they offer extensive training and ongoing personal development, as well as the chance to study for technical accreditation.
Working in a small business, you will be self-managing and adaptable. As the Field IT Technician, you will provide IT Consultancy and Support to a range of organisations, typically within the Yorkshire and Lancashire region. You will provide a range of 2nd & 3rd line technical support on a range of Systems, offering consultancy and advice to customers. In addition, you will be responsible for installations and solutions architecture.
This position will be roughly 60% office based and 40% in the field with clients, so it is essential that you have a Driving License and are comfortable working at customer premises.
As part of this exciting role the successful candidate will be given the necessary training to complete server installations, email migrations, next generation firewall installations and other exciting projects on the horizon.
* Providing 2nd / 3rd line remote and deskside support within a service desk environment
* Triage assessment, logging and escalation of 1st to 3rd line incidents
* Supporting customer environments comprising Windows Operating systems hosted upon physical and Virtual environments, Networking / VPNs
* Technical troubleshooting of customer issues
* Work to customer agreed SLA’s, delivering quick resolution and providing a high level of customer service
* Working with service management teams both internal and client side as required dealing with business-critical Incidents
* Working in an ITIL aligned service desk environment
* Visiting customer premises to carry out installation and maintenance works
* End user training
* Maintain accurate customer records and run an effective ticketing system
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* A strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Software and related technology.
* Experience with Dell & HPE Desktops and Servers
* Proven experience of providing at least 2nd line support
* Strong knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware
* Strong knowledge of SonicWALL devices would be desirable
* Strong communication skills
* Experience with Dell EMC SC and Power Vault ME SANS
* Ruckus Wireless Networking.
* It would be desirable to have previously worked for an IT Service Provider / MSP; although this is not essential,
EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING: -
* Active Directory
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Microsoft Office 365 (setup and support)
* Driving licence, in order to visit client sites for installation, repair and maintenance visits
Highly motivated, proactive with a "can do" attitude.
Having a true passion for IT and willingness to learn and immerse yourself in IT systems and processes
Customer service focused, having the ability to understand the requirements of customers, clients and internal colleagues.
Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
Ability to prioritise and respond to queries within realistic timescales Be accountable for quality, accuracy and security
Generous salary up to £28,000 depending on experience level + Car allowance
Investment in training and development
Chance to work for a small, reputable business, with huge growth potential
Holiday & sick pay
Career progression opportunities as the business grows
Free parking on site
To apply, please submit your CV via this website or contact Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£15k - £40k Annual
£15k - £40k Annual
£18k - £28k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual