IT Support Analyst
Posted on Aug 8, 2019 by CV-Library
Permanent contract – 40 hours per week
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world! If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
Due to continued expansion of IT systems and users, we are recruiting an IT Support Analyst to provide IT Support and trouble-shooting analysis to the Zoo’s IT users, enabling them to make best use of the Zoo’s investment in IT systems including computer hardware, software, network, and peripherals.
Reporting to the IT Support Team Manager, you will apply the most appropriate technique(s) to analyse and resolve technical issues; managing your own time; and liaising with IT colleagues, users, and 3rd party vendors to ensure jobs are followed up and closed in a timely manner.
The IT Support Analyst role:
* Responsible for providing effective and efficient IT systems and user desktop support for over 400 users, utilising skills and experience to analyse any problems, asking relevant questions and troubleshooting where able or making a decision to escalate to a relevant team member where necessary
* Responsible for accurately logging, managing and updating jobs on the IT helpdesk, ensuring that strict SLAs are adhered to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to the wider team
* Responsible for taking ownership of IT jobs within the IT helpdesk, using initiative, skills and knowledge in dealing with jobs proactively and following through to closure
* Responsible for setting up all user IT systems and ensuring that they are working effectively, including hardware, software and peripherals
* To provide user training and new user on-boarding, demonstrating excellent customer service skills at all times
* Provide support to senior team members within the IT support team and provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
* Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed for effective and consistent operation
The successful candidate for this IT Support Analyst will have:
* IT degree and/or equivalent experience
* Experience providing IT Support to a wide range of users and a wide range of devices
* Experience of working in a busy Service Desk environment using IT helpdesk systems
* Providing Microsoft systems support including Windows OS, AD, Office, Sharepoint
* Knowledge of general IT infrastructure - hardware, operating systems, printers, LANs
* Be able to work on your own initiative and want to learn new skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good attention to detail
* Well-developed interpersonal skills and a professional helpful approach
* Able to convey IT updates to a variety of audiences in a user-friendly format
* Must be able and willing to work a variety of shifts including some evening and weekend work
* Understanding of networking (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Switches, VPN, Wi-Fi)
There is a shift rota in place in the team. Hours of work are 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, between 8am – 7pm. Weekend work is required, with time off provided in lieu.
The salary for this position is £21,356.63 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this IT Support Analyst role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 1st September.
Interviews will take place w/c 9th September.
All applications for this IT Support Analyst role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£22k - £22k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£22k - £22k Annual