Back-end Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Back-end Software Engineer
Based in central Cambridge my clients are a highly successful company who develop exciting and cutting edge technology. Due to continued expansion they are now recruiting a Software Engineer to join their development team.
The skills you will be delivering
As a software engineer in our Services Development Team, you will develop, scale and maintain the software services that our client relies on to deliver its award-winning technology.
The team develops reliable, cloud-based services that support end-users and distribution, including mobile payment systems, business and distributor information systems, mobile apps and data and analytics platforms.
As a backend software engineer, you will be working in an agile Scrum team with software engineers, designers, test engineers and our distribution, logistics, operations and finance teams. You will understand the business model and its deployment to deliver a dependable service that supports end-users, distribution partners across multiple countries.
By working within the Services Development team and the wider team, you will help to define and implement the platform that delivers new and creative services, make technology choices, scale and secure our service platform and evolve our development processes and environment.
You are passionate about building scalable, secure, cloud-based systems that make a material impact on people's lives. You have experience with cloud applications, web infrastructure, distributed systems, databases and delivering and deploying software services in agile teams.
- You have proven experience of software development with object-oriented languages such as Java, C#, Python or a similar programming language. We code primarily in Java but are looking to bring other technologies on board
- You have a deep understanding of programming fundamentals; algorithms, data structures, Object Oriented programming
- You know relational database concepts
- You will have worked on scalable, service-oriented, database-driven platforms on the cloud
- A good degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant subject
Ideally, you have knowledge and experience of more than one of the following:
- Java Spring Framework, with MVC
- SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Front end development skills including, HTML, CSS, JS - familiarity with frameworks like Vue, React, Angular are a plus
- Networking technologies including IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark or other data processing platforms
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£500 - £500 Daily
£25.4k - £27.3k Annual