Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
The Scope of Work for the Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson Will Include:
* Overseeing a small Drawing Office team whilst maintaining hands-on design input and leading by example;
* Use of CAD for the production of manufacturing drawings and development of the company’s product range;
* Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and efficient running of a design project from cradle to grave;
* Running the technical aspects of a project from specification through design, development, fabrication to delivery and installation whilst maintaining strong commercial awareness;
* Signing off design work and ensuring its compliance to industry standard building regulations.
The Required Skills and Experience for the Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson Include:
* Past experience in a lead Draughtsperson or Design/Technical position in a building services environment;
* Past design engineering experience in the building services industry;
* Strong knowledge of building regulations pertaining to the design and manufacture of building materials and building services products;
* Strong CAD skills (2D and 3D) and strong Drawing Office/Manufacturing environment experience;
* Experience in the design of aluminium products is highly desirable;
* Experience of running a project from start to finish;
* Experience with one or more of the following: Building Exteriors, Balustrades, Curtain Walling, Steelwork/Metalwork, Architectural Aluminium, Roofing Products/Materials, Glass/Glazing Products, Windows & Doors General Building Services Fabrications.
About the Employer
The employment business is an established SME boasting a superb reputation for engineering excellence amongst its blue-chip client base. They are involved in the design and manufacture of a variety of construction products including doors & glazing, windows & doors and secondary steel products.
* Generous basic salary (negotiable depending on experience £35,000 - £45,000)
If you feel your skills and experience could be a fit for the Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to send us your details. One of our Consultants will be in touch with you very shortly to discuss the employer and scope of work in more detail. Regrettably, only applicants who demonstrate the required experience outlined in the advert will be contacted. If successful, candidates will need to prove eligibility and legal entitlement to work in the UK
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£14 - £15 Hourly
£24k - £32k Annual
£32k - £36k Annual
£14 - £15 Hourly