Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Design Manager the CAD Engineer is part of the Design Engineering team at CambridgeHOK. Taking instruction and guidance for daily activities from the Lead Design Engineer, the role is to provide support and assistance to the design team for all drawing related activities. CAD Engineering will work as team within the design department and are responsible for creating and issuing drawings to the correct standards and ensuring issue registers are maintained in line with company policies and systems. Projects range from glasshouses to full turn key projects incorporating civils, structural, process, mechanical, electrical and control systems and you will support drawing needs in these areas and any others as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Support business in all drawing activities, from sales, design, fabrication and operations as required.
* Where appropriate use skills and experience to create design drawings from concepts or details from sales/estimating team, such as Venlo/XK glasshouses etc. Prepare and issue designs to relevant engineers for checks/comments or calculation, amending designs as required.
* Prepare and issue general layout drawings and designs for sites and buildings (glasshouses, portals, containers etc.)
* Prepare and issue planning drawings such as lease plans, block plans, site layouts and elevations etc.
* Create 3D visuals (SketchUp/Revit) for site layouts, glasshouses, benching layouts, energy centres as required.
* Prepare and issue civils drawings such as foundation/slab details, drainage/trench setting out etc.
* Prepare and issue fabrication drawings such as benching and bench frames, glasshouses, pipe support brackets.
* Prepare and issue M&E general layout drawings, schematics etc.
* Maintain CAD drawing standards ensuring consistent format and methods are applied to all drawings.
* Maintain and issue drawing registers in line with company processes.
* Receive mark up details from all departments and create and issue as built drawings, updating issue registers as required. Work closely with Technical Admin to issue O&M documentation.
* Help create, implement and manage company methodology and processes for drawings and standards and ensure that all projects are run in accordance with new and existing systems.
* Manage own time schedules to ensure drawings are issued in line with design and project timescales.
* Attend internal and external meetings and presentations as required.
* Report progress to Senior Engineer on a regular basis.
* Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Relevant qualifications in CAD design and software packages.
* Knowledge and understanding of civils, structural and mechanical & electrical engineering (not all essential).
* Experience of 3D modelling in various software packages.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills
* Experience in implementation of CAD standards.
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Joe Makin on (phone number removed)
All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney recruit Engineering roles at all levels throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you we would be happy to have an informal chat regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £35k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual