Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Purpose of your role:
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer is part of the mechanical team at CambridgeHOK. Providing detailed design engineering as well as working closely with the sales/estimating team to create concept designs, estimates and budgets to a wide-ranging variety of projects. This position will take instruction and guidance from the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer for daily engineering activities. The role requires the engineer to have a knowledge of all HVAC engineering. In addition to main design duties this role enjoys a close working relationship with live engineering projects. You will need to support the site operations team and be able to make informed decisions on all HVAC matters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Assist the sales and business development team technically on qualified enquiries, providing information and advice and attending sales meetings as required.
* Help provide concept designs either through the sales team or directly with the client.
* Calculate heat losses, heat gains, air and water flow rates, pump/fan sizes, pipe/duct sizes, as part of the design.
* Create bills of materials to enable the development of budgets and detailed quotations.
* Help create budgets and quotations for mechanical designs, ensuring designs meet sales budgets.
* Assist with creating detailed written specifications, with drawings for the mechanical part of a project. Liaise with other engineering teams to provide comprehensive design package.
* Help acquire and review all quotations with sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Attend and participate in all internal or external project meetings as required.
* Assist with providing the procurement team with bills of materials and timelines for the materials to be delivered.
* Help resolve problems and issues on site as they occur to support Operations Team.
* Work to ensure that design risk assessments are in place, signed before designs are issued.
* Undertake quality and snagging visits on site, checking workmanship and installations against design.
* Help review designed project costs against budget and reforecast as required. Highlight significant forecast changes to your line manager as soon as they are known.
* Help prepare documentation and draft wording for the Operation and Maintenance manual, obtaining copies of warranties, certificates and “as fitted” drawings as necessary.
* Support the customer post installation and answer queries and provide information as necessary.
* Ensure your CPD is kept up to date and relevant.
* Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience using software packages such as IES and Hevacomp etc.
* Minimum of HNC/HND qualified within Building Services, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
* Professional body registration such as CIBSE or IET.
* Strong technical experience essential.
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Joe Makin on (phone number removed).
All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney recruit Engineering roles at all levels throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you we would be happy to have an informal chat regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£30k - £35k Annual