Service Delivery Manager
Posted on Aug 9, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsible for all first line internal IT and all “in-life” customer support work undertaken and ensuring that it is carried out in a consistent, professional, efficient and safe way. Responsible for working alongside the Project Management function to ensure that resource is co-ordinated and shared appropriately.
Key Result Areas:
* Supervise the day-to-day workings of the Service Desk and the Field Service Engineers, ensuring that work is prioritised and scheduled in a timely manner in accordance with customer SLA’s.
* Working with Project Managers to co-ordinate your shared resources
* Development and maintenance of Work Package Descriptions, Instructions / Task Briefing Notes for all standard support, maintenance and installation tasks frequently undertaken by the team and where work is required from other departments within the business
* Working with the Testing and Development team to ensure that software products that are being transferred from a development environment into a support one are sufficiently tested and documented to enable engineers or staff to be able to install, train and support them in a Customer environment.
* Regular Service Review Meetings with key customers ensuring that feedback is captured and used to improve internal processes where appropriate.
* Representing Client Services at industry events applicable to the customers supported.
* Representing Client Services within the wider business Support & Installation Discipline, ensuring that the requirements are met and understood with respect to the development of wider business support & installation processes.
* Ensuring that schedules for routine Preventative Maintenance tasks are in place and ensuring that Engineers’ records are maintained and held centrally by the Service Desk.
* Provide input to the Client Services Strategy so to assist in the definition of the strategic objectives.
Customer Incident/Escalation Management:
* Proactively ensuring that Incidents are managed within SLA; where this isn’t possible liaising with customers and retaining ownership of the communications till the incidents are resolved.
* Ensuring that standard site reports, fault reports and visit documentation is completed routinely for any work undertaken by Engineers and that contract SLAs / KPIs for reporting can be met using the standard documentation completed.
* Ensuring that Health & Safety assessments are carried out for all work undertaken and that standard Health & Safety briefing information is available to engineers prior to any visit.
* Reporting Health & Safety concerns to management as soon as possible. Also ensuring that Health & safety standards are maintained on site and that any incidents are fully reported as required.
* Line managing a team of Field Service Engineers to ensure they work in a consistent, structured and professional manner when representing the Company working on Customer sites.
* Line managing the Service desk; managing a team rota to ensure that the Service Desk hours are covered as required: 7.00am – 7.00pm Monday – Friday.
* Coaching and developing your team to develop their understanding of a Customer, product or environment that they are or will be required to work with.
Operational Standards & Objectives:
The jobholder will be expected to:
* Carry out work and provide deliverables in line with agreed schedules and budgets.
* Carry out work in compliance with the BMS or as formally agreed with customers.
* Present work and management outputs in the Company format or as formally agreed with customers.
* Dress and act at all times in a professional manner to project a positive and successful corporate image.
* Comply with the provisions of Health and Safety legislation to assist in the maintenance of a safe workplace.
* Operate in line with the Company values and behaviours.
* Contribute to professional exchanges and assist in developing corporate expertise, to include engagement with the relevant Company skills group.
* Undertake relevant training as agreed with the relevant skills lead and line manager.
* Maintain contacts with professional bodies and institutions, where applicable.
You will already hold, or be prepared to undergo, SC Clearance.
MASS are an equal opportunities employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual