Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by CV-Library
£350 - £400/day
Based in Swindon
Our client is a well-established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well respected name have been instrumental in their success.
Our clients are looking for a Commercial Manager to join the team in Swindon. You will be working on several Buildings and Civils enhancements projects. Ideally someone with good bid and tender experience would be suitable for this role.
In this instance it is looking at coastal resilience and the live projects underway now include new sea walls and rock fall shelters. Ideally someone with Civils background and potentially some coastal experience.
You will need:
* Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
* Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
* Knowledge of quality assurance.
* An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
* CDM, risk assessment , auditing internal and external competency.
* CITB CSCS scheme.
* Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
* An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
* Project safety management experience
* Yellow book course.
* Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance –compliance with Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
* Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
* Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
* Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor’s commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
* Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
* Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority including comparative estimates where required in a timely manner.
Contact us now for more information and a full job description!!
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to l i n d a . d a v i s o n
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£350 - £450 Daily
£400 - £600 Daily
£55k - £60k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£141 - £60k Annual
£55k - £62k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual