Posted on Aug 15, 2019 by CV-Library
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Contract Manager to join our team. This role will be based at Pioneer House in Motherwell, with travel to our Dunbar ERF and other sites that serve our South Lanarkshire Contract.
Joining our team, the Contract Manager will provide effective management of the Local Authority and Fuel Supply Contracts to ensure all obligations are fulfilled, whilst maintaining first class levels of contractual compliance, safety, health, environment and quality. You'll monitor, evaluate and develop action plans to ensure continuous improvement within contractual performance.
The Contract Manager will prepare accurate and regular contractual reports with the view to exceed budgeted and financial performance targets. You'll develop and deliver new initiatives to improve contract performance where appropriate and conduct training and development in contract objectives, commitments and procedures to aid understanding.
Most importantly, you will create and sustain an effective rapport with clients to understand their needs. You'll maintain and develop constructive, service-orientated dialogue with all client representatives.
Our ideal Contract Manager:
- Experience of contract management, complex contracts, payment mechanisms and performance management frameworks.
- Excellent commercial contract management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of finance including budgeting, forecasting and profit and loss accounts
- Knowledge of the budget process (Capex and Opex)
- Able to produce succinct reports of a high standard for a variety of audiences
- Waste management experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, able to develop and maintain working relationships
- Well-developed skills of persuasion and presentation
- Self-motivated, able to work on your own and in a team
- Well organised logical thinker
- Able to manage conflicting priorities to good outcomes for all parties
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Contract Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus laptop, company car, mobile phone and excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £48k Annual