Posted on Aug 16, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Assistant Engineer
Location: Luton LU2
Pay Rate: £19.61 ph- 28 hours per week (£38,750)
Hours per week: 38
Shift Times: 6.30am-3.30pm
Working days: Monday-Thursday
Atalian Servest are recruiting for an Assistant Engineer to work under our AKTRION brand.
As the Assistant Engineer you will need to carry out specific planned press maintenance tasks and activities to ensure optimum performance and asset care. You will be required to interpret instructions, follow planned work orders, work alongside company - onsite engineers and report back using the company CMMS. Communication skills are vital.
Duties will include-
- Implement planned maintenance tasks according to scheduled work.
- Report on completed activities and provide recommendations in relation to predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance in all the key areas.
- Ensure all work orders are correctly completed and reports are timely and accurately completed and communicated effectively.
- Extensive recording of work carried out and recorded effectively
- Ensure that departmental ISO standards are adhered to and improved upon.
- Active participation in all site programmes including, but not limited to, lean manufacturing, RCA, ISO, TPM, FMEA, RCM.
- Complete audits as and when required and progress any non-conformances or issues identified
- Manage own time to ensure that the requirements of the role are met promptly with minimal impact on manufacturing.
- Working effectively with all site managers and colleagues to coordinate effort to optimise performance of all equipment.
- Use of SAP to receive, execute and report back on planned maintenance work orders. Effective use of other computer systems available to support role.
What are we looking for from you...
- Be a qualified Maintenance Craftsman (time served) or be a minimum NVQ level 3 Technical Maintenance or City & Guilds-Engineering Craftsman, (parts 1 & 2).
- Previous experience of working within the newspaper manufacturing environments, equipment or processes is an advantage but not essential
- Proficient in relevant technology systems
- Knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing Techniques within a manufacturing environment is an advantage but not essential
- Good engineering skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Effective communicator
- Data analysis and report compilation
- Team working
- Ability to impart knowledge to others
A bit about us:
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you! Click apply and we will be in touch soon...
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its` great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. To find out more please visit our website.
Applying for EU Settlement scheme? Don't settle for anything less that working for Atalian Servest!
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £32k Annual
£18k - £23k Annual
£15 - £15 Hourly
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£23.5k - £29.5k Annual
£14 - £14.5 Hourly
£30 - £33 Hourly
£35k - £47k Annual