Posted on Aug 17, 2019 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
7x Back End Developers (Ruby/Java/Python/Go)
£500pd | 6 months | Outside IR35 | BPSS
My government client is looking for talented Backend Developers for 3 projects relating to the UK's exit from the European Union and improvement of Government Digital Services.
Your current skill set and any preference you express during the application process will be taken on board in order to match you to an appropriate project. However, GDS staff move between projects on need and request so this presents a great opportunity for any successful Back End Developer to learn a new language.
Project tech stacks are as follows:
#1 - Microservices based architecture, primarily based upon Ruby on Rails, with elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostGres and a variety of other technologies.
#2 - Service based architecture, primarily based upon Java.
#3 - Fully PCI-DSS compliant API-based platform built using Java Back End microservices and a Node.js presentation layer hosted using Docker and ECS in AWS
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Back End development, with detailed knowledge of ideally one of these programming languages: Ruby, Java, Python or Go
- Previous public sector experience (preferably government)
- Understanding of software design principles
- An interest in researching and learning new programming tools and techniques
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Experience of using testing to validate solutions
- Good understanding of agile environments and version control
- Basic understanding about web security and accessibility
- An awareness of technologies used for web applications, eg databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, eg Linux and/or Mac OS have experience working on, or with web technologies
These are urgent requirements and my client is looking to move quickly for the right Back End Developers.
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT ( (see below)/) or apply now for immediate consideration.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £50k Annual
£475 - £500 Daily
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £70k Annual
£35k - £70k Annual
£400 - £435 Daily
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £55k Annual