Director of Nursing (DON)
Posted on Aug 18, 2019 by Big Bend Woods Health & Rehab
Our long-term healthcare facility is currently recruiting for Director of Nursing (DON). Our facility is unanimously applauded for our local suburban setting, wonderfully compassionate staff, and clean, family-friendly facility. Please apply now if you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic team!
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the appropriate delegation and training of all licensed and non-licensed nursing staff as outlined by the State Board of Nursing and specific State regulations.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with staff, residents, families, visitors, vendors and third party providers by facilitating positive communications.
- Researches and remain current with Board of Nursing regulations and issues concerning Assisted Living nursing.
- Researches and remain knowledgeable of all State Assisted Living regulations that pertain to nursing, care staff and training, and resident care.
- Completes resident assessments and service plans at pre-admission, admission, 30 days, annually, and with change of condition or at intervals specified by State regulations.
- Assures all employees receive appropriate screenings and immunizations specific to State regulations and Primrose policy to maintain a healthy and safe environment in the community.
- Assists with direct resident care and medication administration as needed to support staff.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency situations.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative rules. Comply with OSHA standard and regulations. Know the potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal protective equipment required. Use personal protective equipment as directed by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Discusses with residents and families changes in resident care and status and the need for alternative placement if indicated.
- Coordinates with the Executive Director discharge plans for residents as indicated.
- Collaborates with all consultants related to resident care (dietitians, pharmacists, etc.)
- Participates in State Surveys and completion of applicable Plans of Correction.
- Maintains confidentiality within the workplace with all written and verbal communications pertaining to residents, staff, and community operations.