Posted on Aug 19, 2019 by CV-Library
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor to assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor on projects in Birmingham and surrounding areas.
* Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
* Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
* On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
* Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
* On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
* Feasibility studies of clients requests
* Analysing sub-contractors quotations
* Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
* Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
* Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
* Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on highways and structure schemes and experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £50k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£200 - £300 Daily
£30k - £45k Annual
£350 - £350 Daily