Senior Java Developer
Posted on Aug 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Oxford, United Kingdom · Engineering
Our client is changing the way software is developed. They build products that have the potential to be used by every software developer in the world. They are automating a lot of repetitive coding tasks in order to make code safer, better, and cheaper to produce, letting developers concentrate on the real challenges.
They were founded in 2016, and the following year we raised $22 million in Series A investment to support our growth.
At our client, everyone has the opportunity to collaborate with computer science professors and experts in advanced disciplines such as AI, static analysis, and software verification. They promote an environment in which we not only support and learn from each other but also motivate one another to push the boundaries in our own specialisms. They strongly believe that diversity is important for a modern business, and that when different opinions, backgrounds and life views meet, better results are obtained.
They ask a lot from our teams, but in return we look after you. They offer a great host of benefits including free daily lunches and snacks, 8% non-contributory pension, and flexible working hours.
They are seeking a Senior Java Developer who is passionate about automating things, making software development as efficient as possible, and building systems that just work. You will be working on the Java components of their product. Their technology stack consists of a Java IDE plugin, Java AST transformation components and a C++ analysis engine.
REQUIREMENTS of Senior Java Developer
Responsibilities of Sneior Java Developer:
* Plan, design and build Java components using best practices
* Create, implement and maintain processes within the team for efficient software development, testing, deployment, operation and maintenance
* Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements and determine project scopes and specifications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Manage work in an agile development environment using Scrum or Kanban
Required Skills from Senior Java Developer:
We are looking for people who have:
* Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
* Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
* Proven experience in contributing to large private or open-source projects
* Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
* Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
* Excellent communication skills
* Working experience in Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
* Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges
Desired skills of Senior Java Developer:
* Experience with compiler architectures, parsers and syntax trees
* Experience with the development of Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA plug-ins
* You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech startups in the world of advanced code analysis
* Free lunch and snacks
* Competitive salary
* Private health and dental plan
* 8% non-contributory pension
* 25 days annual leave
* Flexible working hours