Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for someone who is keen to work within a unique family business environment that can demonstrate experience of managing multiple stakeholders and activities. The ideal candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, will be motivated and have an ability to pick up multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
You will be a qualified accountant with a background or experience within the Contracting / Construction sector. The role would suit a candidate who has strong interpersonal skills and builds relationships at all levels with ease. You will possess strong quantitative and analytical skills and an ability to problem solve. You will be comfortable delivering complex financial information in a clear and concise way and presenting at Board level. This role would suit a candidate who can work in an agile and fast changing environment who enjoys variety.
In the role you will work closely with the trading businesses and the management teams. This will include, but is not limited to:
· Delivery of timely and accurate management accounts and KPIs for multiple companies to identify results, trends and financial forecasts to the board.
· Producing Consolidated accounts.
· Control and management of the Balance Sheets, with monthly reconciliations and effective stewardship of assets.
· Cash flow management with consolidated forecasting across the group.
· Compliance of PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax rules and regulations and ensures on time submission of returns.
· Prepares annual budgets for each company.
· Financial audit compliance.
· Takes responsibility for business operating systems, continually looking for improvements in workflow.
· Responsible for the Treasury function.
Skills and Experience
· The candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least 8-10 years post qualification experience.
· Previous experience in a Finance Controller role is essential
· Previous experience working with multiple entities is essential.
· Contracting and Construction knowledge is essential.
· Ability to act decisively, whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Strong communication skills.
· Experienced in providing management accounts, KPIs, budgets and compliance.
· Experience of dealing with stakeholders on a regular basis to provide clear, concise, accurate information.
· Strong management skills with experience in developing teams.
· Highly analytical and investigative skills are essential.
· Have real commercial acumen and a focus on financial issues.
· Excellent IT skills and very familiar with Sage200 and Excel
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package. This is a permanent full time role working Monday to Friday 8am - 5.30pm.
Please apply today for a immediate consideration