Posted on Aug 22, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you an ambitious Sales Manager looking to work for one of the most recognisable names in the civil sector? Do you have a proven track record of selling into the civil / temporary work sector? If so, then a role working for one of the largest names in this sector could well be worth applying for.
As a Sales Manager, you will spend most of your time in the field, visiting potential, new and existing customers. This could be either on your own or in collaboration with an Engineer.
To your customers, you'll be the person who solves their engineering problems. Your conversations will be about identifying and understanding their engineering challenges so that you can recommend solutions. You will of course work closely with local Engineering and Operations teams to deliver these solutions and provide excellent customer service
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Proactively use best practice sales techniques to maximise revenue, building effective customer engagement at multiple levels
* Targets and win customers and projects requiring engineered schemes
* Negotiates contracts with potential, new and existing customers to maximise profitability
* Support the development of national/key accounts
* Proactively grow and own commercial market knowledge and expertise through consultant and trade networking, industry journals and events etc.
* Regularly attend clients and site visits
We currently have openings available in Kent, Herts and East Midlands
Our Client, a multi-award winning business, has been in business for over 50 years and has been at the forefront of their industry throughout that time. With a reputation for excellent engineering and service they offer a complete turnkey engineered service solution that is committed to quality, safety, the environment as well as being ethical. From their numerous branches nationwide they offer unrivalled knowledge, technical skills and experience. They are the proud of their heritage as the go
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* A proven track record of achieving targeted sales (including growth) to a budget
* 2 years+ spent in technical sales within the construction sector
* A people-focused personality with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* A hunger for targeting and winning customers who are currently loyal to our Client's competitors (must knock doors and hunt new business)
* A strong commercial acumen and be proactive and self motivated
* The ability to absorb and understand technical information and translate that into customer interactions and design briefs
* Tenacity and a will to win
* A full driving licence, as this is a field-based role.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application