Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Project Manager within the Business Development/Projects team of our client. The post holder will be responsible for managing and leading teams of staff, contract personnel and consultants to deliver business development projects on time, in budget and to the right quality. The individual will co-ordinate interfaces between all projects and act as the link between site personnel and the business development team, seeking ways to improve business performance. You will be pro-actively identifying business development opportunities and understand the market drivers and regulatory framework such that the strategy delivers significant incremental revenue to the business.
The role will be based at the Northern Ireland locations, but travel is required to the other UK or Irish locations.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the key responsibilities and duties will include: -
* Managing a team of experts to assume overall responsibility for the development, delivery and implementation of business development projects. Ensuring all teams work effectively and that communication both within and across teams is effective. Creating progress reports as required and attend update meetings when needed.
* Implementing and controlling appropriate risk management systems for the projects under control and ensuring that all risks are mitigated to meet business expectations. Ensuring that assumptions are recorded and communicated effectively.
* Identifying overall project requirements; produce programmes, budgets, quality plans and strategy/ execution documents as required. Put in place mitigation measures should progress slip or expectations not achieved. Working with outside bodies (e.g. Environment Agency, local councils) to ensure that the project is viable and that any permit/licence requirements are in place and complied with.
* Creating specifications for development work packages and identifying the most appropriate consultant to deliver the work that delivers best value to the company. Work as part of the tender team, if required.
* Generating business plans for future investment taking into account business requirements, changes in regulatory requirements and industry best practice. Having an awareness of the commercial drivers for the project and take this into account when making decisions. Ensuring that the financial/commercial teams are integrated into the projects.
* Co-ordinating with other project managers to ensure that all projects are managed in
the best interests of the company. Ensuring that programmes are co-ordinated and any conflicts identified/managed.
* Awareness of regulatory requirements that may affect project delivery such as capacity market qualification requirements, grid connection requirements, etc. Having the knowledge to spot opportunities as well as ensuring that all projects are ready to enter any subsidy or bilateral agreements as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be Degree (or equivalent) qualified in a relevant discipline.
* Experience of working in power generation or a similar heavy utility or process industry
* Significant experience of development projects and project management discipline in the power generation industry
* Knowledge of planning and consenting requirements for power generating stations in particular local/ national planning and environmental permitting
* Experience of liaising with consultants, contractors, suppliers and site managers within the business
* Knowledge and experience of the power markets and the regulatory framework
* Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence across multiple sites and able to develop collaborative relationships at all levels
* Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to create, manage and develop development teams
* Contract and budget management
* Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) to disseminate information to a wide range of staff and consultants all levels
* Good analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make suitable recommendations
* Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
* Working towards Chartered / Incorporate Engineer status
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution
The successful candidate will be appointed on a personal contract which reflects the responsibilities of the role as well as the abilities of the individual.
Further benefits: -
* Private medical insurance.
* Competitive pension option.
* Bonus opportunity
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60 - £65 Hourly
£60k - £80k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£600 - £650 Daily