Welder / Fabricator
Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CV-Library
Westray Recruitment Consultants have the privilege of working alongside a long-established family business who`ve been operating for over 60 years. Working out of the heart of Washington, this thriving business employs 25 staff, including a team of skilled fence erectors and Steel Fabricators.
Our client has provided a first-class service in the supply and instillation of fencing and structural steel throughout the North East. A huge amount of the business`s success is down to the teamwork and dedication of the employees, all pulling together to keep customers happy.
They are now looking to bring on board a skilled Welder/fabricator, with the potential to move into a foreman role.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- As a Welder/fabricator, you will be tasked with the Fabrication of Structural Steel
- Creating stairways, bannisters, handrails on batch runs
- There will be an element of bespoke work so you must confident doing one off
- You will follow MIG, TIG and MMA Welding Processes
- Operation of Press machines
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- The ideal candidate will be a time served Welder/fabricator
- Prior experience of leading and guiding a team would be highly beneficial
- You must be able to operation fabrication equipment
- MIG/TIG and MMA welding
- A driver`s licence is also required for site work
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This role will start on a contract basis but is expected to go perm. For the right candidate, progression into a more senior role is also possible. The hours of work are 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role pays £9.50 per hour with overtime available
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Consultant Joe Rowan who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Joe on (phone number removed) or via email at (Email Removed)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£14 - £14 Annual
£14 - £14 Annual
£10.5 - £10.5 Hourly
£27k - £32.5k Annual