Graduate Recruitment/Resource Consultant
Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CV-Library
* Ref; JWGRC19
* Salary; Negotiable circa £16,000 - £20,000 + Package.
* This is an office-based position in Newton-Le-Willows
We are an innovative, forwarding thinking, strategic recruitment and management consulting business. We pride ourselves on service delivery and overall client recruitment experience – but we still have fun. Unlike most traditional ‘contingency’ recruitment companies, we do not operate ridiculous KPI’s that compromise everyone involved.
Our service offering includes search & selection, executive search, some contingency work and Mercury Hampton IQ, an intelligent recruitment platform (see our website for details). We build complete teams by recruiting within the following sectors; Executive Board, Sales & Marketing, IT, Supply Chain and Technical Engineering & Operations.
We have a team of ten people, made up mainly of consultants. Jonathan and Chris – our two Directors (who are front line active) and a business support team. You’ll report to Jack initially, our Business Support Manager. He will be there to teach all aspects of the role until you get placed in one of our teams. You will have the opportunity to specialise in one of the sectors listed above.
What’s in this for you?
From day one you will work alongside truly world class people in an environment where you are given the time to develop and learn, rather than a phone and a 100 calls per day target. As you start to nurture your sales acumen and recruitment skills the business will give you vacancies and key accounts to work on with guidance from a sector expert. Mercury Hampton has an invaluable internal support network, providing each consultant with a bespoke training programme (internal and external courses), a unique digital candidate delivery platform which gives us a fantastic competitive edge/USP and onsite & external candidate resourcing support. Upon starting you will be enrolled onto a tailored recruitment training programme to learn every part of the business.
You will be remunerated with a competitive basic salary, excellent bonus structure and leisure allowance. In addition to this we provide; company meals/drinks, healthcare scheme, private pension, industry specific accreditation, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking nearby, free birthday holiday, team holiday incentive and funding for further training & education. Although only 2 years old, Mercury Hampton is already financially secure and able to invest in you, your skills and future.
Could you be the next team member?
Given that this is an entry level position, we don’t expect you to have years and years of recruitment experience. If you have a background in recruitment, that’s great but we welcome people just leaving college/university or people with experience in different industries. Naturally we expect this role will appeal to people who are looking for a junior or trainee position.
What you do need though, is a desire to work in a sales-based environment. Mercury Hampton will give you all the necessary tools and support required to thrive.
Applicants will be assessed on the following:
1. Attitude; a proactive, ‘want to learn’ attitude, always required. (We have over 100 years of recruitment experience amongst our team, ask lots of questions!)
2. Communication; We are looking for an individual who has outstanding verbal and written communication skills, this is a key requirement for the role.
3. A Proactive work ethic; although you should be able to take instruction well and complete tasks, we are looking for people who are proactive.
4. IT; we require this person to be well versed in Microsoft Software packages, namely; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, experience with any CRM systems would be advantageous.
5. Location; Be able to travel to and from the company’s office in Newton-Le-Willows each day.
To Apply for this role, please contact Jonathan Sallis at Mercury Hampton Ltd