Posted on Aug 23, 2019 by CV-Library
£49,651- £55,168 (pension 6-10% employer contribution to NEST scheme)
Full Time, 35 hours per week, Permanent
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group manages almost 14,000 properties providing homes to more than 20,000 people across Wythenshawe, Manchester and jobs for over 500 people.
We have an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to lead a team to produce the management accounts and reforecasting, direct the annual budget setting process and complete the statutory accounts. The candidate must have proven experience of managing finance business partners, developing many towards their accountancy qualifications.
The main responsibilities include:
● Delivery of monthly management accounts and financial pack for the Group;
● Lead the budget setting process; working to support budget holders across the business;
● Partner with the Strategic Finance Manager to create the statutory accounts for 5 companies and a consolidated set;
● Directly manage finance business partners and, indirectly, the transactional team (purchase/sales ledger team);
● Drive continuous improvement in processes and a Value For Money service;
● Ensure that control accounts are reconciled and support the treasury function; and
● Deputise and support the Assistant Director of Finance where necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Accountant, ideally with a strong technical background in financial and management accounting. You will have a basic understanding of social housing and possess the competence and drive to review, understand and improve existing processes. Any knowledge of VAT or Housing Brixx would be welcome.
Closing date: Thursday 12th September
Shortlisting: Friday 13th September
Interviews: 18th September or 20th September (candidates can choose)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £70k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£35k - £36k Annual
£400 - £450 Daily