Principal Highways Engineer
Posted on Aug 28, 2019 by CV-Library
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
* Reporting to the Project Manager, you will work and lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
* You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
* You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries as necessary.
* You will need to check and approve documentation prepared by others in the team, this will involve short timescales and delivery.
• A degree in Civil Engineering.
• CEng/IEng and MICE status or equivalent.
• Proven experience of most aspects of highway schemes.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• Good IT skills
• Driving licence
• Communication skills (Ability to converse articulately with clients)
• Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
• Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
• MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
• Experience of construction supervision.
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30 - £40 Hourly
£40k - £48k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual