Posted on Sep 9, 2019 by CV-Library
The Phoenix Works, Tonik Energy's sister company, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrician or Electrical Engineer who is looking to make a move in to training to support the growth of our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a talented indivdiual who is passionate about helping learners achieve success and to be fully competent in the jobs that they will be doing. You will be responsible for developing, preparing, conducting & evaluating electrical, EV and solar training programmes to name a few. You will write the literature, materials & exercises to be used within the programmes to enhance learning & develop training. This role is new to our team so there will be a bit of evolution, which means its a really exciting time to join our awesome team and be part of the revolution!
The Phoenix Works are industry leaders in renewable energy and electric vehicle charging, looking for people to join us who have a desire to help shape and drive the company forward.
Trainer will be responsible for:
* Prepare and conduct technical training programmes, ensuring the readiness of all course materials and equipment prior to delivery (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids)
* Assess candidates to ensure organisational standards are adhered to
* Assess training needs and certification requirements
* Ensure the quality, consistency and relevancy of course content
* Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and quality management systems
* Ensure appropriate records and systems are maintained
* Record all assessment information and give feedback to candidates, sharing relevant information with other managers regarding candidate progress and barriers to progression
What we are looking for
* Previous experience working as an electrical r,ole with knowledge of electrical engineering principles & assessment procedures, and the ability to communicate with a range of learners on both theoretical and practical aspects of the relevant subject area
* You will be fully qualified in electrical installation ideally within the solar and EV industry
* It would be awesome if you had experience creating and delivering training programmes in areas such as Induction, Systems of Work, Health & Safety, Manual Handlin, Asbestos, Abrasive Wheels, Working at Height, Electrical Installation, Solar PV, Battery Storage, EV Charging, Cable Avoidance, however this isn't a must, just a nice to have!
* Excellent computer and literacy skills to include working knowledge of Windows based software programmes Microsoft Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills to deliver engaging training to a variety of audiences with different learning styles
* Brilliant positive attitude – friendly, personable, trustworthy and honest
* Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent organisational skills and able to manage time effectively (for both themselves and others)
* Good sense of fun and humour, wants to actively contribute to building a brilliant, caring culture
* Is a self-starter. Looks to find solutions and seeks out new opportunities where they can add value rather than waiting to be asked
* Has great attention to detail. Is able to consistently deliver ‘right first time’
* Naturally kind-hearted. Caring for others come naturally to you. Doesn’t get hung up on job titles or building empires
* Driven to make a positive impact on the world and our business!
Why work for us
* Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
* 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
* Health Care Cash Plan – company funded Cash Plan covering dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Also gives you access to a 24/7 online GP, Employee Assistance Programme and over 4000 online discounts!
* Pension Plan
* Gym on site with free access at HQ
* Subsidised coffee shop on site at HQ
* Regular social and team building outings
* Be part of the revolution!
What do The Phoenix Works do?
The Phoenix Works is a renewable energy company specialising in electric vehicle charging infrastructure and Solar PV installations across the UK. This really is an exciting time to join The Phoenix Works as it has recently teamed up with Tonik Energy to deliver the next phase of renewable energy and technology propositions. Tonik Energy’s parent company, RETIG Ltd acquired leading green technologies provider The Phoenix Works in September 2018. Both businesses share a common goal of driving the uptake of renewable technologies to tackle both climate change and fuel poverty. Together, over the next 3-years, Tonik and Phoenix plan to rollout over 10,000 electric vehicle charge points and deploy a mass market solar and battery storage solution across UK homes and businesses. Be part of the revolution!
Recruitment Agencies - Please note we do not accept speculative CV's. Should any be submitted we will accept these as direct applications
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £45k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£45k - £47k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£38k - £42k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual