Senior Electrical Engineering Leader/Manager
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
This position is with a mid sized engineering consulting firm. The Sr. Managing Engineer position is part of the leadership team.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Establishes and maintains the proper relationship and coordination of professional design activities and supports the project managers in the interdisciplinary coordination of project activities.
- Ensures that the total effort for all projects is performed in a logical sequence and on budget. Resolves conflicts and problems.
- Ensures that the firm meets agreed technical and performance standards.
- Provides the key liaison required between client and the firm and maintains client relationships
- Develops and trains professional design and technical support staff in techniques required to upgrade their capabilities. Primary focus will be electrical engineering and design.
- Monitors the manpower staffing and utilization of professional resources in relation to approved budgets, anticipated activity levels and competence and takes the action needed to ensure that projects are staffed and performance evaluated so as to meet future requirements.
- May act as a project manager for basic or complex projects.
- Oversees project teams' effort with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects, and with sub-consultants and subcontractors.
- Mentors project cost reports and revises project programming to bring project within or under budget limitations.
- Leads teams in complete preparation of proposals and presentations in any segment of the firm's capabilities.
- Contributes to the development of the Strategic Plan
- Actively develops and maintains good client relations and performs follow-up on qualifying leads.
Do you have a desire to be on the partnership track in a well respected E&A firm? This position offers the experienced electrical engineer the opportunity to grow the division and their career
BSME or BSEE
10+ years in design of either electrical (power and lighting) engineering or mechanical (HVAC) engineering
3+ years of project and/or department management
Knowledge of Engineering Principles
NYS Building code, NEC and IBC codes
Working drawing management skills