Senior Digital Design Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
Job Summary of the Senior Digital Design Engineer:
Senior level Digital Design Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in circuit design and circuit layout along with the knowledge of digital filter design and control concepts is required to play a key role in research, design and development of products for the electric power generation, transmission and distribution industry for one of our clients in the Massachusetts. This is a very stable and rapidly growing company with a well known brand for diagnostic instruments for the electric power industry. In this role you will be responsible for running simulations to evaluate designs and responsible for all part selections, schematic capture, and supervising the board layout. If you have strong experience with circuit design, circuit layout and Microprocessor-based designs, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Digital Design Engineer:
- Provide architectural oversight on product development.
- Bring new technologies into product architectures as solutions to the implementation of requested product functions.
- Innovate new product features based on ability to transform technical possibilities into practical realities.
- Develop schematics and design specifications for hardware design and enhancements.
- Run simulations, where appropriate, to evaluate designs
- Debug, bring-up and supervise new boards and board layouts.
- Collaborate with software engineers to refine interfaces between different assemblies.
- Work on System integration and development
- Participate in development programs that may include contracting houses.
- Troubleshoot test equipment problems and work on specification and development of board test fixtures.
- Develop time lines for assigned work and participate in project team meetings
- Work on maintenance of existing products which includes everything from part obsolescence to new features.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in circuit design and circuit layout.
- Experience with FPGA development (Verilog) and Microprocessor-based designs
- Knowledge of digital filter design,control and signal integrity concepts.
- Familiarity with various simulation tools such as SPICE, PSIM, ModelSim etc.
- Knowledge of design for EMC compliance.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, insights and ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA development tools such as ISE and Vivado and PC software and tool development will be preferred
- Knowledge of Linuxm, firmware development (C/C++) and MATLAB will be preferred
- Experience with power amplifiers, analog measurement and analog filtering will be helpful
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DXDesigner schematic capture tool and Cadence Allegro layout tool will be helpful
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Marlborough, MA
Travel: As and when required.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- Digital, Design, research, development, architecture, specifications, hardware, schematics, simulation, board, layout, Debug, integration, Troubleshoot, test, maintenance, circuit, FPGA, Verilog, Microprocessor, control, SPICE, PSIM, ModelSim, Xilinx, ISE, "power amplifiers", "analog measurement", "analog filtering", "Mentor Graphics", DXDesigner, Cadence, Allegro, Linux, firmware, C, C++, MATLAB, EMC