Mechanical Engineer - Chemical Industry
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
- Provide general mechanical engineering support to the operation and maintenance of a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Lead mechanical reliability program to achieve best in class results in terms of reliability of the operation and life cycle cost for rotating and fixed equipment in world class solids manufacturing and handling facility.
- Support Reliability Centered Manufacturing initiatives aimed at improving occupancy and efficiency of the process.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise in the resolution of equipment failures, the selection or evaluation of plant equipment, and the operation of rotating equipment.
- Monitor mean time between equipment failures and perform root cause analysis to identify solutions to eliminate chronic equipment problems.
- Coordinate with Management, Operations, Maintenance and Engineering to insure that the job scope satisfies the requirements of all the groups.
- Estimate, justify, and prepare capital job order requests for Management's approval.
- After approval, coordinate all aspects of the project with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Drafting, Purchasing, Safety and Environmental as required to insure a successful completion of the project.
New Orleans, LA (Relocation Provided)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Mechanical Engineer will provide mechanical engineering expertise and support for both rotating and fixed equipment to ensure the reliable operation of world class chemical manufacturing facility. They will also perform project engineering functions as required; definition, justification, estimation, and request for capital funds for process maintenance and improvement projects.
The Hiring Company's Fortier Facility is just outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. It manufactures high quality Acrylonitrile Hydrogen Cyanide, Melamine, Oleum, Sulfuric Acid, Acrylamide, Methyl Methacrylate, Ammonia and Methacrylic Acid that are used in a variety of everyday applications. They are experts at converting energy into industrial chemicals on a large scale. The facility sits on 800 acres with approximately 460 employees with annual payroll of $44 million and annual spend of 350 Million or more making 2.5 billion pounds of annual production.
- Excellent cost focus and desire for continuous improvement.
- Capable of drawing others to action; able to influence others to targeted outcomes.
- Self-motivated, highly skilled, team player with exceptional cost focus.
- Desire and patience to teach craftsmen.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 8+ years of related experience in a Chemical, Petrochemical or petroleum production or refining facility.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (Preferred):
- Familiarity with all aspects of rotating and reciprocating equipment and vessel and piping systems common in Chemical plants.
- Experience with ASME, API standards and reliability best practices.
- Minimum Required: Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Related program from an accredited university.
- Preferred: Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.