Manufacturing Engineer (Automation)
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
This company is a global designer of components, modules and systems for the commercial vehicle, automotive and off-highway markets. They have more than 20 locations in 15 countries. This position is located near Mansfield, OH and provides the opportunity for professional growth for career oriented professionals.Recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer with Robotic Automation experience.
The Manufacturing Engineer, Automation is a technical manufacturing engineering position responsible for development of robotic systems supporting manufacturing operations. Key job functions include robotic systems concept development, design and specification, procurement, installation, programming, validation and ongoing support of various manufacturing robotic systems.
- Create & develop robotics systems concepts proposal for projects.
- Create and develop robotics system budget based on the concept
- Lead product planning by determining feasibility, requirements, and by proposing solutions
- & Specification.
- Design, fabricate and assemble prototype robotic systems and components.
- Develops detailed robotics system designs while considering production requirements, motion analysis, product design constraints and required safety systems.
- Ensures all safety requirements and considerations are incorporated.
- Develops detailed Robotic System specifications.
- Develops request for quote specifications for internal/external contractors and vendors.
- Analyzes quotes to determine source selection.
- Purchases required equipment.
- Interfaces with maintenance, tool room, and management to develop detailed installation plans and assignments
- Performs assigned installation and wiring responsibilities.
- Performs validation inspection of all electrical and controls installations & Integration.
- Develops control system programs for PLCs, Industrial PCs, HMIs, etc.
- Develops programs for integrated equipment including robots, auxiliary equipment and other control systems.
- Develops data acquisition programs necessary for production reporting and monitoring.
- Interfaces with management and system users to ensure programming/user interfaces meet expectations.
- Perform testing and qualification of equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or other applicable field of Engineering.
- 3-6 years machine design and launching assembly/test equipment into production.
- Experience with automated robotic systems in any manufacturing environment is required.
- Direct experience and ability to program PLCs and HMIs is required, specifically Allen Bradley is preferred.
- Experience with programming Collaborative robots is required.
- Experience with integration of safety light curtains, robots, cameras, scanners, bowl feeding systems is required.
- Ability to design in a 3D CAD package.
- Understanding of lean and six sigma practices.
- Production process development including PFD, PFMEA, machine qualification, and PPAP.