SEC Reporting Analyst
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
The SEC Reporting Analyst provides analytical support for SEC filings including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and the annual report on Form 10K and investor relations team regarding press releases/other matters.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares supporting documentation for SEC filings, including 10Q, 10K, etc.
- Reviews and validates financial information and metrics to be disclosed publicly.
- Participates in the monthly close with certain journal entry and related responsibilities
- Assists in review of consolidated Financial Statements to be included with SEC filings
- Supports SEC team in reviewing for adequate disclosure through review of required disclosure check lists.
- Researches the impact of accounting proposals and pronouncements on the Company's financial position and financial statements.
- Assists in Company's preparation for compliance with S.404 of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Assists in internal and external audits.
- Supports Investor Relations department in preparation for and responses to analyst inquiries, events and related activities.
- Liaises with senior management, external accountants and attorneys.
- Fosters the Company Culture in the department and throughout the company.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years job related experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years public accounting experience is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues and making recommendations to management from that research is preferred
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
- Strong organizational, delegation, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are also required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Knowledge of SAP or Hyperion is a plus.