Supplier Development Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for driving improvement in the supply base by identifying opportunities for supplier development and developing strategies for improving supplier process, capacity and tooling capability. The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for identifying technical problems with suppliers, implementing, monitoring and reporting on supplier corrective actions. The Supplier Development Engineer will audit new and existing suppliers and is responsible for re-enforcing supplier compliance to all applicable supplier requirements.
- Ability to develop supplier development strategies and improvement plans, using available supplier performance data, as well as current and future business requirements.
- Ability to review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities to ensure zero defect performance.
- Ability to manage supplier assessments and supplier actions plans
- Knowledge and experience with auditing to the TS-16949 and/or ISO-9000 quality standards
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to support strategic supply decisions (risk analyses, SWOT, Project planning, gap analyses, etc.)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Collaborative skills to assist Engineering, Commodity Leaders and Suppliers in support of new supplier launches
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of automotive supplier quality auditing experience
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing supplier quality or related experience