Principal I&E Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
Position: Principal I & E Engineer
Location: Bartlesville, OK Area
Compensation: Salary $125,000-$135,000 "range" plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
Provide advanced technical leadership and knowledge on instrumentation and controls. The engineer is expected to: resolve technical problems, rationalize resolutions, recommend modifications, propose new approaches and mentor less experienced technical engineers.
- Provide safe, cost effective and timely engineered solutions for support of reliability, operations, maintenance, and all other departments within the refinery.
- Provide Technical Instrument Engineering support to the refinery.
- Define/manage/install Maintenance projects, interface with capital group as required.
- Perform engineering studies, advises, and makes recommendations for all departments on refinery instrumentation.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations & cost analysis to evaluate and prioritize action items.
- Perform root cause failure analysis to drive reliability and safety performance
- Assist Operations and Maintenance departments in developing procedures, training, etc. to ensure equipment is operated in a reliable fashion within design parameters.
- Review scope and frequency of predictive maintenance and preventative maintenance activities.
- Specify new and replacement equipment and components and provide technical support for turnaround and shutdown activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or an associated field, from an accredited institute required. Advanced technical degree preferred
- Direct Related Industrial/Refinery Experience - 9+ years
- Strong experience in instrumentation and control selection and applications
- Knowledge and experience with instrumentation and controls common to refining.
- Supporting knowledge of mechanical and piping systems
- Electrical knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and engineering software required
- Proficiency in Asset Management Systems such as Maximo
- Good interpersonal, communication and technical skills with ability to communicate well at levels including Management, Maintenance and Operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive business relationships with internal and external customers and to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of SPI/In-tools and data correlation technology preferred
- Must have proven ability to troubleshoot and adapt to resolve new problems
- Fluent in English, both oral and written required and ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs