Principal Process Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
Position: Principal Process Engineer
Location: Bartlesville, OK Area
Compensation: Base Salary $125,000-$135,000 "range" plus Annual Bonus and
Long-Term Incentive Bonus Plan
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
The Principal Process Engineer will perform all functions of a Process Engineer, as well as the following:
- The Principal Process Engineer will be accountable for selected process area support.
- With limited supervision, manage one or more special projects that will affect the day to day operation and long-term profitability of the refinery.
- Will be able to provide PFD updates, process modelling, and
process safety/MOC/HAZOP/PSV evaluation.
- Will interface with outside consultants and venders.
- Will also provide mentoring to entry level Process Engineers.
- Provide Technical Support for Plant Operations
- May be assigned to a specific unit(s) within the Refinery with responsibilities of daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the area(s), process optimization, design and development of capital projects
- Level of supervision will depend on the complexity of projects
- Mentor and at times, provide supervision to engineers and technicians in the refinery
- Propose new work procedures that will impact efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist the group in development of Key Process Indicators and other process monitoring tools
- Help prioritize group projects and activities and coordinate with overall refinery needs
- Assist with the group interaction with other Refinery groups (Safety, Environmental, Operations, Controls, Economics and Purchasing), including identification of key compliance requirements and product specifications
- Assist with the group interaction with outside vendors, contract process engineering services, and Industry Groups
- Develop or assist in individual equipment specifications and provide recommendations on technology and bid selection
- Within his/her sphere of responsibility, insure drawing reviews and specific Management of Change Orders (MOC) are reviewed on a timely basis
- Participate in equipment inspections, process safety reviews and process hazard analysis
- Participate in refinery turnarounds, including any required 24-hour shift coverage and support for individual process callout requirements
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of combined refinery process engineering and refinery operations experience required. This experience must include a broad range of process unit technologies
- Strong computer skills with Excel and Word
- Knowledge and skills with process simulation software, such as PRO-II, HYSYS or PROMAX
- Experience with capital and operating cost estimating and economic analysis
- Strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills with the ability to create/edit P&ID's and PFDs
- Experience with plant operations and troubleshooting expertise
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.