Senior Database Developer (FT), Analytics Institute
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Responsible for the design and development of Enterprise Data Warehouse components. Collaborates with business and technology departments to understand system data and its use, and provides support around the data and how it is integrated within EDW platform. Provides guidance in data modeling and data warehouse design as well as guidance to define data architecture and ETL processes. Provides mentoring and assistance to analysts and develops a deep understanding of the data, its use, and the structure.
1. Works in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
2. Assists in the development, maintenance, and support of the D-H enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts.
3. Troubleshoots, tunes and enhances existing data warehouse applications.
4. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
5. Creates new or enhanced components of the data warehouse.
6. Participates in the design, development and documentation of the reporting systems.
7. Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-functional projects independently and act as the point of contact to drive initiatives.
8. Strong project management skills, initiative, and the ability to handle meetings with all levels of management.
9. Works independently to carry out departmental and institutional initiatives.
10. Collaborates well and leads within team and user groups structures.
11. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
ü Bachelor's degree in above disciplines with 5 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience required.
ü Minimum of 3 years of programming, data management, and/or analytics experience.
ü Requires hands on proficiency in at least one - SQL Server, Oracle or SAS.
ü Requires hands on proficiency in at least one visualization tools like SAS VA, QlikView or Web.
ü Familiarity with Agile framework is preferred.
ü Demonstrated expertise in managing large and complex data sets.
ü Strong understanding of the healthcare data environment, security and clinical and business workflows.
ü Direct experience managing and analyzing healthcare data, experience with national health survey data and complex survey design methods strongly desired.
ü Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook etc.) required.
ü Knowledge of RDBMS/SQL relational databases as well as non-relational databases and/or knowledge of other statistical software packages desired.
ü Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills required, including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
ü Able to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
ü Able to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.