Maintenance Superintendent - Willow Glen Apartments
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by The Michaels Organization
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position with a starting hourly rate of $12.00-$16.00.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
Participate in all maintenance projects, including periodically inspecting all units, buildings and common areas; performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed as well as specific maintenance as detailed below.
Communicate Immediately with the Property Manager when major accidents and emergency situations arise.
Schedule work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
Coordinate maintenance related contractor activities, may negotiate contracts and scope of work.
Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials, as well as the training of maintenance technicians and coworkers.
Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders, and have full knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
Assist the Community Manager or Maintenance Manager in scheduling annual apartment inspections and during apartment move-in and move-out inspections.
Responsible for performing detail maintenance procedures including, but not limited to those listed below:
a. Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
b. Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
c. Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
d. Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors.
e. Painting, to include interior and exterior.
f. Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
g. Repair concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, when required.
h. Assist Exterminator when required.
Participate in an on-call schedule for evening, weekend, holiday and emergency coverage.
Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting is maintained.
Adhere to and stay current on all applicable building codes.
Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cut-offs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs and post map of same. Operates within OSHA standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers' recommendations and operating manuals.
Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
Performs other duties as assigned.
3 or more year's Full time maintenance experience or experience in related field.
Residential Property maintenance experience preferred.
Formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical - work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.
Willingness to assist with and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance; such as janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc. - Boiler license, when required by property facilities.
Familiarity with contract work hours and OSHA Standards is required.
HVAC certification is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record required
Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory experience with hands on knowledge and skill in basic plumbing, heating, electric, etc.required.
Ability to work with co-workers and residents professionally in a demanding environment.
Must have ability to work safely and follow safety directives.
Work conditions will vary from clean rental units to extremely dirty jobs such as plumbing repair and grounds work.
Will be exposed to cleaning solvents, paint fumes, dust, sharp objects and live electrical wiring.
Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holiday and on-call hours when required.Experience Required
- 3 - 5 years: Proficient in HVAC, plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Familiarity with contract work hours and OSHA Standards is required.
- Willingness to assist with and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance; such as janitorial, custodial, light landscaping, painting, etc.
- 3 - 5 years: Formal training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, plumbing work, electrical work, painting, unit turnover and cleaning.
- 3 - 5 years: Residential Property maintenance experience preferred in a supervisory capacity of 3-5 years
- 3 year(s): 3 plus year's Full time maintenance experience or experience in a related field
- High School or better
- Some college or better
- Technical/other training or better
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization