Systems Engineer Programmer (FT), Desktop Support - Days
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
It is desirable that the candidate have an understanding of Enterprise Service Management concepts and practices. Experience with Cherwell Service Management and SQL Server are a significant plus. Successful candidates will be self-driven, inquisitive, open to new technologies, have excellent communication skills, and work well in cross-functional team environments.
You will work with engineers and operational support staff to provide solutions that meet business and technical requirements which follow enterprise architecture and corporate practices. You will assist in the development of procedures, standards and documentation. You will develop a solid understanding of the entire Enterprise Service Management infrastructure life cycle, software, and tool sets.
- Cherwell administration and configuration including; UI/UX, process design, department/team onboarding configuration, accounts
- Programming and support for utilities used by Desktop Support staff currently written in Visual Studio
- Powershell script development for Desktop Support functions and system integrations
- Knowledge of SQL Server for data analysis, troubleshooting, and performance improvement
- Able to perform as-needed coverage for other Desktop Support Applications analysts
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience related to systems engineering, IT architecture, development and production support.
- Knowledge of development life-cycles
- Detail-oriented with strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving, decision making and planning skills
- Must have the ability to utilize application Scripting and operating system commands to configure, debug, and monitor large scale production systems.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with technical, non-technical, and business members of the organization.
- Ability to interpret business direction accurately and clarify technology's alignment with stakeholder needs.
- Bachelor's Degree desired or equivalent experience