Director, SEC Reporting
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by McKesson
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson's employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson's employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.
This position will be responsible for the Company's external SEC filings function. This position reports to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting & Analytics
- Manage preparation of SEC filings, including Form 10-Q's, Form 10-K, and Form 8-K's and related XBRL tagging and reporting within Workiva
- Serve as a subject matter expert on US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, with the ability to research and analyze new and proposed accounting standards, as well as prepare competitor benchmarking
- Supports and reviews the company's annual Proxy ensuring accuracy of applicable financial information
- Evaluate and determine the financial statement and disclosure impact of significant and complex transactions
- This role will require frequent interaction with management personnel at all levels of our organization, including Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Treasury and each of our domestic and international business units in order to ensure the accuracy of information included in each of our public filings.
- Drive process improvements within the team and support cross-functional projects
- Hires, leads, coaches, and develops A+ accounting staff to maximize effectiveness and productivity, while cultivating future leaders and business partners
- Partners with financial systems and close and consolidation accounting teams
- Fulfills internal and external audit requests effectively and efficiently
- Ad hoc projects as needed
Required Experience & Education
- Typically requires 13+ years accounting or finance experience and 6+ years of diversified leadership experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience leading in SEC reporting, preferably in a large, complex global business
- Comprehensive understanding of SEC rules & regulations, technical accounting, GAAP vs non-GAAP accounting, and comment letter processes
- Minimum 8+ years of public accounting (Big 4 highly preferred)
- Cultivates and maintains a priority around transparency, accuracy, diligence, timeliness, and teamwork
- Collaborates with business unit controllers, technical accounting, accounting centers of excellence, financial reporting, tax, treasury, investor relations, FP&A, legal, and other finance and business functions as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage, and prioritize various responsibilities
- Strong systems skills (eg SAP, HFM, etc)
Must have ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Job Level: M5
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance - individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can't do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
No agencies please