Production Team Lead
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by BICGraphic
Qualifications/Skills: Outstanding production associate that has ability to go beyond individual accomplishment by taking on additional responsibility to help move work group toward individual and team success. The associate must possess strong communication skills specifically manage through conflict and promote a positive message. A high degree of initiative and decision making with a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Provides guidance to team members by answering questions, demonstrating processes, troubleshooting, providing direction, input and feedback to associates and department supervisor. Acts as liaison with other contact areas and resource for problem-solving and issues identification and resolution.
- Executes daily activities including (but not limited to) prioritizing and assigning work from Dispatch Report, approving Quality (1st Articles), enters notices in systems regarding job status/late orders, ensure scrap accuracy, and supports and sustains 6S.
- Coordinates and assists in shift hand-off including: review orders on press, machine status, screen/part location, job location, hot list jobs and outstanding equipment issues.
- Promotes and supports safe work environment and safe work habits including proper PPE.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with production associates by answering questions, providing guidance and direction, and demonstrating how to successfully accomplish work processes. Ensures associates are properly trained to perform work.
- Coaches associates and promotes teamwork among the group.
- Monitors workload and productivity to ensure appropriate workload distribution on a timely basis within quality parameters. Reallocates resources to meet customer orders.
- Keeps staff focused on production orders and work flow.
- Advises Supervisor of performance and process outcomes and opportunities for follow-up and resolution.
- Communicates performance expectations and outcomes, advising employees of individual operations performance and productivity goals.
- Acts as liaison with other contact areas (internal suppliers and internal customers), helping to proactively identify issues and provide solutions.
- CONSISTENTLY ACTS AS AN EXCELLENT ROLE MODEL FOR GROUP THROUGH WORK PERFORMANCE AND DEMONSTRATION OF BIC VALUES.
At Bic Graphic, we believe in fostering an authentic, respectful and transparent culture where our employees can flourish, be themselves and be respected for their individuality. This culture drives innovation and enhances the value of our company. It is essential in helping us attract and retain the most qualified talent, be more competitive, and ultimately creates greater business success by providing an inclusive environment.
Bic Graphic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.