Senior Financial Analyst
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Mohawk
Are you Mohawk Material? We're the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Finance professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Finance Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!Responsibilities
- Support Sales & Operating Financial Analysis objectives by assisting with the development of business plans, and the administration of sound financial procedures and processes
- Assists in the preparation of a consolidated sales budget, business plans and financial evaluations.
- Assists in providing financial and statistical reports, data management and system support.
- Performs analysis supporting Sales and Operating plans and measurements of business goals and objectives. Provide analysis on a variety of financial issues. This includes using the appropriate analytical methodologies, developing and presenting alternatives, summarizing results and helping to develop recommendations to assist in managerial decision-making. The analyses are likely to include:
- Analysis of industry and competitive data
- Development of appropriate measures and benchmarks to monitor performance
- Assisting in the identification of potential value-recognizing financial management techniques and systems, that provide in-depth knowledge of operational performance
- Assist in the analysis of the inter-relations between regulatory capital requirements, industry capital structure, and internal measurement of value at risk.
- Assist in the identification of critical factors affecting profitability and recommendations for proactive planning, for external market and economic changes that have the potential to impact the business
- Assist the sales and operations management teams in successfully measuring the following areas:
- Evaluation of new business/program opportunities
- Monitoring the division's annual budget process and related forecasting; plan and control overhead expenses, using appropriate auditing and systems reporting processes. Help identify potential mismanagement of allocated resources.
- Help maintain an effective system for analyzing operating performance against planned goals and objectives
- Assist in providing financial and statistical reporting, data management and system support to a large, decentralized and extremely diverse sales force.
- Stay abreast of the industry and economic change and trends. Work with diverse management groups, peers, and project teams to identify and resolve operational and tactical issues and support business and culture change that accompanies growth
- Help maintain the sales force data manager system (Driver), recommending system changes, data collection and reporting functionality that support the needs of the business units and decentralized sales force. Audit, from a technical standpoint, analytical work performed within the business units ensuring accuracy and documentation of procedures in accordance with corporate internal control, GAAP and other regulatory guidelines and agencies.
- Performs other duties as required in support of the department goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- CPA or CMA certification desired
- 4-6 years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement, experience must include
- Strong technical skill in finance, accounting and business performance analysis and modeling
- Experience developing effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Extensive use of personal computers and spreadsheets packages, financial and accounting application software.
- A basic understanding of operating and capital budgeting processes
- Desired experience includes Experience and knowledge of sales planning and analysis, involving the management of complex data requirements
- Desired experience includes project management experience in executing projects through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Good oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting with internal and external customers, and senior management. The ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Consulting skills which move beyond adherence to analytical tools and methodologies; the ability to think outside the box generate alternative solutions for consideration, provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on those alternatives, and ability to present this information in a way that establishes rapport, gains understanding and persuades others.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.