Global Technology Support Manager
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics seeks a Global Technology Support Manager to be based in the United Kingdom (UK) office. The Global Technology Support Manager provides technology oversight and management services to support Chemonics' users and projects. The manager develops, implements, and promotes standards, systems, and resources for supporting Chemonics' users, as well as those participating with proposals and projects and provides technical support to the UK office in addition to providing remote support to field offices located around the world. The Manager will be assigned to support laptops, mobile devices, printers, A/V, and provide Office 365 application expertise. This position identifies and promotes customer support services, contributes to new business efforts, and can effectively communicate the connection between all duties and responsibilities with the larger goals of the company. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provides technical support to the UK office in addition to providing remote support to field offices around the world. Manages the ticket queue, allocating resources, and communicating with staff as appropriate
- Identifies and investigates technical issues and provides resolution and follow-up to end users. Escalates more complex problems to Tier 3 technical staff
- Takes direct, appropriate and timely action to meet staff needs and resolve basic technology issues
- Administrates Active Directory including Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, AD/ADP Sync, Group Policies, DNS, replication, and directory synchronization
- Assists with Office 365 user account management including creating, managing, maintaining, disabling and deleting all Office 365 and on premises accounts, security groups, distribution groups, public folders, shared mailboxes and meeting/resource rooms
- Assists with the assignment of Office 365 licenses to staff and ensuring the availability of licenses for incoming staff
- Assigns SharePoint permissions by implementing the Information Security Framework owned by the Data Quality and Governance Team
- Oversees the preparation of desktop and laptop images using the appropriate tools. (Symantec, Avamar, System Center Configuration Manager)
- Monitors network devices for uptime and troubleshoots connectivity issues
- Organizes and participates in project start-ups, close outs and operations, including IT Systems recommendations, design and optimization, and other initiatives to promote the stability and efficiency of the field office IT systems including on-site visits to implement and/or troubleshoot IT systems
- Participates in new business work and assists with writing IT cost proposals for proposal teams
- Works with other GTI teams to standardize home office and project office set up to accommodate enterprise application deployment and other new technologies
- Provides Audio/Video (A/V) support, which includes assisting and training end-users on the proper use of A/V equipment and new corporate hardware and software applications
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolve issues with network, printers, laptop, and A/V components
- Configures user VOIP phones and voicemail
- Documents technical systems process and procedures and gets actively involved in promoting new technologies or new systems or procedures
- Provides formal and informal training to staff on Chemonics tools and systems
- Effectively communicates the functions, roles and responsibilities of GTI to staff
- Maintains and expand technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics practice networks
- Undertakes assignments on projects or special initiatives as appropriate
- Participates in the development of the department's strategic plans, training materials and tools
- Serves as acting director as required
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities required by supervisor
- Degree in computer science or related technology field required, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Technical helpdesk experience required, including demonstrated experience with network security best practices and configurations, as well as administration of Office 365, Microsoft Exchange online, Powershell, and SharePoint
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, manage, and support network environments
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, networking, and PC hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload and complete work
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4 weeks per year and to consider long-term overseas assignments
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in regional or geographic language preferred
- UK work authorization required
Apply through our UK Career Center by September 19, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. However, if you are not able to apply through our Career Center due to a disability, underlying health condition or for some other legitimate reason, or require an adjustment to do so, please contact us at . Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, and therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity. We look forward to receiving your application.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£80k - £80k Annual