Mechanical Engineering/Construction Management
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
Responsible and accountable for the discipline construction management' (fabrication and erection of all plant structures and components) in capital investment projects throughout all phases from basic engineering to execution until handover to commissioning and start-up of production with successful realization of all project targets with regards to scope, budget, timeline, HSE and quality.
As Discipline Lead, Construction Management you will:
- Ensure owners engineering in the field of responsibility including evaluation and granting competencies and security of intellectual property
- Define conceptual and organizational design, execution strategies (resourcing, procurement, construction, mounting) and applied methods and ensure frequently challenge of efficient implementation in close cooperation with the project manager and other disciplines
- Elaborate and refine unique construction management standards (besides subsections of PCT, equipment, piping and CSA* albeit including material management, temporary site facilities, logistics and occupational safety) and tools for the discipline in Americas meeting legal and local requirements and supervise strong adherence to them
- Develop, determine and supervise scope, budget and timeline according to the project requirements and manage all changes focusing on the project goals taking interdisciplinary collaboration with all disciplines, business demands and operational necessities into account and ensure appropriate stakeholder management and ensure timely and accurate reporting to the project manager.
- Select and supervise deployment of contractors, ensure efficient managementand accounting of services of all contractors on site
Our Client offers exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of their vision and values that drive ongoing success.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 10+ years' experience
- Knowledge of American standards concerning chemical plant construction;
- Deep knowledge in breadth and depth with regard to legal and local rules and regulation with the capability to transform and implement them into the company requirements;
- Excellentknowledge of methodologies related to capital investment project management (PMI or equivalent) is mandatory;
- Represent the discipline in the company competence team as lead function fostering knowledge management and experience exchange globally;