Systems Test Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
North Western, PA (Relocation assistance available)
Comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Excellent 401K match.
Reporting to the Director of Power Systems Engineering of a $40MM custom manufacturer of power control and conversion systems, the Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for configuration and testing of custom Power and Drive Systems. For over 50 years the company mission has been to provide custom power systems which meet the changing power control needs of their customers. Their products have gained a reputation for having the highest quality and reliability, and are manufactured under ISO 9001 certified quality systems. The company culture is known for high ethical standards, promoting from within, and maintaining a constant focus on quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Prepare written test plans for all Drive and Power Systems, coordinating with Systems Engineer to ensure thorough testing of the system, including safety, functional and thermal test
- Provide oversight and training to Systems' test team for test of Drive and Power Systems
- Work with responsible Systems Engineer during testing to identify and address any deficiencies observed
- Ensure capture and archiving of all test data, including pertinent environment data such as ambient temperature and cooling water temperature and flow
- Document all test results in a concise report and archive all information on the network for reference
- Coordinate testing with manufacturing, quality and shipping to ensure on-time shipment of Systems
- Ensure all testing is performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure quality of tested system
- Organization and cleanliness of the test area
- Provide test support when Systems require NRTL approval
- General maintenance and upkeep of test stands
- Document operation of test stands and test data acquisition systems
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology is required. Course study in power electronics is beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in the configuration and testing of Power and Drive Systems.
- Must have hands on experience with industrial power systems, specifically design, field service or testing.
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.