Web Handling/Coating Machine Project Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
This full time, permanent Web Handling/Coating Machine Project Engineer career opportunity is at a company that services converting machines, web handling machines, coating machines, and multiple process industries. The sales growth rate should be 20% for the next three years. The average tenure is over 20 years. The environment is collaborative, team-oriented and fun. They have many employee-oriented events. This position has the ability to have flexible hours. Some start at 6 am and some start at 8:30 am. They also have a 9/80 schedule so those people have off every other Friday. The career path depends on the individual. In the next five years, there will be several retirements creating numerous promotional opportunities.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate should be as follows:
- Engineering design of custom machinery in AutoCAD Inventor (3D) and/or AutoCAD14 (2D) considering safety, cost, code compliance, manufacturability, ergonomics, aesthetics, etc...
- Completing projects on time and on budget individually or with one or more designers under his/her direction
- Managing design changes through ECOs, supporting operations, and supporting service
- Interfacing with a variety of people from customers to controls engineers
- Travel could be up to 15%.
The successful candidates background should include the following:
- Possess an understanding of regulatory codes for web handling and coating equipment
- Design experience of industrial coating and web handling machines (especially foils)
- Ability to travel up to 15%
The preferred but not required background may include any of the following:
- Field experience
- Testing experience
- Slot die coating machine design experience
- Comma coating machine design experience