Senior Food Engineer - Flour or Cereal
Posted on Sep 12, 2019 by Job Juncture
Global market leader in food manufacturing seeks a Senior Food Engineer/R&D Food Technologist to lead the development of new products, oversee pilot plant operations and ensure the products maintain the integrity consistency and quality expected.
Compensation: $80k-$90k + 10% Bonus
Location: Hershey, PA or Winchester, VA or places in between. Lump sum relo.
The successful individual:
- Designs, Develops and Commercializes new formulations and/or reformulations of existing products.
- Partners with QA, Operations and Procurement to execute the development and commercialization of new formulations and/or reformulations, including cost savings initiatives.
- Plans factory trials.
- Seeks to continuously improve production and R&D processes through best practices.
- BS degree in Food Engineering or Food Science with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid working knowledge of flour/grain/cereal/pasta.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in food technology, food processing.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally, as needed, to support product development activities, up to 35%.
- PC-based computing experience (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ).
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. periodically.